Teaching in Polish abroad is possible in the following forms:
1) schools within the structure of the Centre for the Development of Polish Education Abroad (ORPEG):
a) schools, school complexes and school consultation points at diplomatic agencies, consulates and military posts of the Republic of Poland,
b) distance learning;
2) schools of Polish organisation:
a) run by umbrella organisations for schools and teachers or parents’ association, e.g. in the USA, Great Britain, Ireland, as well as by Polish organisations, especially in the East,
b) at parishes, e.g. in Germany, France;
3) schools in foreign education systems:
a) with Polish as the teaching language, e.g. in Lithuania, Belarus, Ukraine, in the Czech Republic,
b) with Polish language classes as mother tongue, e.g. in Sweden, Germany, Ukraine, Belarus, Romania and Moldova,
c) with Polish language classes as a foreign language, e.g. in Germany, Russia,
d) Polish sections in international schools in France,
e) Polish sections in European Schools.
Information about particular schools can be found on the ORPEG website
Polska Szkoła [Polish School] is an educational platform maintained by ORPEG for supporting participation in culture, teaching of Polish language, Polish history and geography abroad in order to maintain Poles’ links with the Country.
Polska Szkoła provides help for:
- parents – in making decisions related to enrolment of children to a local school in country of residence; in finding or creating a school of a Polish organisation where a child can continue to learn the Polish language, history and geography of Poland; in preparing the child to return to the Polish education system;
- teachers – in exchanging information about existing curricula, textbooks, trainings, domestic and international projects;
- headmasters – in improving professional qualifications of teachers, establishing contacts with institutions supporting education of Polish organisations and potential domestic partners in international educational projects;
- activists in Polish organisation and Polish institutions and non-governmental organisations, as well as all concerned with exchanging information, establishing contacts.